My name is Bea and welcome back to the blog.
Wow – I have now not purchased or acquired makeup for 3 MONTHS and there is just 10 DAYS TO GO in my No Buy. WHAT?! Needless to say, this 100 Day No Buy has been an incredible thing for me, but more on that in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS, on Thursday 19th November.
1. How do you feel when you go to put on makeup?
I have felt the need to wear the amount of makeup that is practical for the daily activities. Very little for school and more for performance gigs or going out.
2. How many empties have you accumulated over the last 2 weeks? (skincare, fragrance and makeup)
I have gathered up four empties.
Two moisturisers: Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser 125mL and the Nivea Creme (when I ran out of my Sukin, I thought I’d use up what other moisturisers I had, before Mum purchased me a new Sukin Moisturiser. I know that Nivea isn’t cruelty-free, but I thought, ‘Waste not, want not.’)
A deodorant: Rexona Clinical Protection Gentle Dry 45mL (I know that this also is not cruelty-free, but it is the only deodorant that I have tried that has actually worked. I am on the hunt for a cruelty-free or vegan deodorant that is as effective as the Rexona one). If you know of any great animal-friendly deodorants, let me know in the comments!
3. Which products do you expect to finish by the end of No Buy?
Peach Lily is truly failing me right now; it’s becoming increasingly difficult to apply (as there’s so little product left), but I used it on Thursday as a cream blush / cheek tint and it was absolutely stunning.
4. List your fortnightly faves.
- Mascara? Innoxa Lash Define Mascara in Brown Black
- Eyeshadow / eyeshadow palette? Innoxa Eyeshadow Palette in Daytime Neutrals
- Base product? Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Neutral
- Moisturiser? Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser
- Lipstick? Nude By Nature Natural Mineral Lipstick in Chique
- Lip Gloss? Designer Brands Cosmetics Lavish Lip Gloss in Pink Rose
- Fragrance? The Body Shop Madagascan Vanilla Flower Eau de Toilette (50mL)
5. What are the positives and negatives of your No Buy thus far?
Positives: I am LOVING my capsule makeup collection and have saved God-knows-how-much money that I would have undoubtedly spent on makeup, if not for my No Buy.
Negatives: I don’t have any. I’ve learned that I can still get a similar effect from swatching or watching hauls or tutorials on YouTube, without having to splash out on products.
6. Did you trash / pass on anything over these last 2 weeks?
I have added a seventh question to my No Buy Updates because I am a stickybeak and love to know what products people are interested in purchasing.
7. What’s on your wish list?
Lovea Organic Sunscreen SPF 50 Daily Face Cream (50mL): ON SALE FOR GBP £15.29
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer AUD $36.90
Sleek MakeUP Blush By 3 in Lace AUD $22 – ON SALE FOR $13.20
Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette: AUD $53
Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveller Palette: US $30 *LIMITED EDITION*
Illamasqua Fatale Palette: AUD $58
I hope that you enjoyed my LAST No Buy UPDATE post, but I will be back on Thursday 19th November, with my 100 Days of No Buy post.
See you next Thursday for the first post in a new segment.
// Bea //