My name is Bea and welcome back to the blog.
I can’t believe it; I only have 30 more days of my No Buy – that’s bizarre! I’m feeling happy and disappointed that my 100 Days of No Buy is nearing its end.
Bea, let’s not get ahead of ourselves here – you’ve still got another month of No Buy to go and you still don’t have a job. Allow me to stop waddling in melancholy and self-pity and answer the questions.
1. How do you feel when you go to put on makeup?
Putting on my makeup calms and centres, particularly before an assessment or stressful situation. It grounds me and I feel present. No matter how little time I have to get ready, I have to sit and apply my armour – whether it be a bit of tinted moisturiser, some lipstick or a full face before an occasion.
2. How many empties have you accumulated over the last 2 weeks? (skincare, fragrance and makeup)
3. Which products do you expect to finish by the end of No Buy?
There are only remnants of my SAVVY by DB Clear Brow Gel left and I’m devastated. This brow gel has been my saviour and my sanity on many bad brow days. A humbling price of $4.99 – you have served me well. And if you read my last update, you would have known that my Innoxa Satin Sheen Lipstick in Peach Lily is ailing.
4. List your fortnightly faves.
- Mascara? Innoxa Lash Define Mascara in Brown Black = I don’t need to justify this.
- Eyeshadow / eyeshadow palette? Innoxa Eyeshadow Palette in Daytime Neutrals.
- Base product? Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Neutral
- Moisturiser? The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner (60mL) = Mum gave this to me in the travel size and I cannot sing its praises enough. I use it as a toner, a moisturiser on its own and a companion product to mix with my tinted moisturiser.
- Lipstick? Innoxa Satin Sheen Lipstick in Peach Lily = Yes, it’s still a mega favourite.
- Lip Gloss? Innoxa Antioxidant Lip Glaze in Guava = Once again, I don’t think it’s necessary for me to explain why this is a favourite.
- Fragrance? The Body Shop Madagascan Vanilla Flower Eau de Toilette (50mL)
5. What are the positives and negatives of your No Buy thus far?
Positives: SAVING MONEY (don’t be fooled though, I have none after my week in Melbourne and I lost my handbag on the train home). Also, having a manageable collection and not getting panic attacks from the thought of choosing a lipstick. (With just 4 lippies, it’s rarely a challenge).
Negatives: Still none, after learning that I can get a ‘makeup high’ from swatching in-store or watching hauls and tutorials on YouTube, without having to part with my beloved cashola.
6. Did you trash / pass on anything over these last 2 weeks?
7. What’s on your wish list?
Innoxa Silk Skin Primer: AUD $24.95
Lovea Organic Sunscreen SPF 50 Daily Face Cream (50mL): GBP £17.99
Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette: AUD $53.00
Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveller Palette: US $30.00 *LIMITED EDITION*
That brings us to the end of another No Buy Update, but I’ll see you again on Thursday!
// Bea //