Well, hello, hello and how do you do?
I am ashamed to say that a 1 week break has morphed into a 3 week break.
However, I have been tagged by the lovely Beauty, East Coast Style and am BACK! (Also, keep those peepers peeled for 2 new editions of The Hive, with two Aussie media inspirations, who have incorporated faeces into their work at least once. 😉
The rules are:
1. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you. (TICK! >> Just a quick thank you to BECS for tagging me. You and your blog are both gorgeous! xx)
2. Answer the 10 questions your nominator has provided you.
3. Nominate ten bloggers to do this tag.
4. Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Without any further ado, let’s get into it!
1. Favourite emoji?
The one with tears erupting from both eyes, due to laughter or happiness.
2. Favourite colour?
Willpower orange (and black is an absolute staple).
3. Holy grail beauty product?
Going off makeup products … this is a fairly easy question to answer. My Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick in ‘Ballet’ – such a pretty, wearable pink! (see my ‘MAKEUP DIRECTORY’ for link!)
4. Favourite season, and one clothing item you love to wear then?
Can I just say – summer used to be God to me. Sun, sand, liquified ice-cream and sweat – man, I loved it all! Perhaps aided by the fact that my birthday is in summer (it’s December 18th) and Christmas also being plonked smack-bang in the middle, so … presents! (Need I really say more?) But now, I love Winter. Hot chocolate, crisp mornings where the paddocks are carpeted with frost and snuggling up in bed with a tea and my two little sausages. (*my two sausage dogs, in case you were wondering). I love scarfs and flapper-style hats, but my favourite piece of all is my Ice Design Fashion Faux Fur Hoodie Coat in a neutral caramel colour – it’s toasty warm and I transform into the yeti, hence bringing some character to the dull grey mornings where cafés and Targets and Pricelines call my name.
5. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter for the win! (Are you following me? Catch me on @its_beacassidy), but the sis set me up on IG a few weeks ago, so help motivate me over there! @its_beacassidy
6. Favourite store to shop for clothing?
Dotti, Temt or good ol’ Target or op shops!
7. If you had to pick either eyeliner or mascara to use for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
Hands down, mascara! Eyeliner sends me into a state of anxiety and / or running for the hills.
8. Favourite beauty guru to watch on YouTube?
Definitely Fleur DeForce! But a little closer to home, I love my girl JerushaCouture and BRITTNEYLEESAUNDERS.
9. What is one way you destress?
Sit my arse down in my bean bag with a cup of tea (my fave is A Touch Of Tea’s ‘Snow Crystal’), switch my little heater on, light my Dusk Destinations: Tibet – Lychee & Black Tea candle and ensure that my YouTube subscription list is steadily decreasing.
10. Favourite childhood memory?
Hmm … my sister and I had been begging our parents for centuries (don’t judge me – it sure as hell felt like it) for a dog. Then, one fateful night in March 2011, my dad snapped and said, ‘We are never getting a dog.’ Sad and dejected, the spawn of Satan (just joking) and I tramped onto the school bus the following morning. Please note that a few days beforehand, a small pen / run had been assembled in the yard. The Sister and I were ecstatic! Yes, we’re getting a dog! we thought. However, Dad said, ‘No, we’re not. It’s for the guinea pigs to run around in.’ For a 9 year old and an 11 year old, this was certainly a confusing thing. Fast forward to Friday, (the day after it had been set in stone that we were never to experience the warm smell that is uniquely ‘puppy’), my sister and I hopped off the bus, to see a kennel in the pen. Our pre-pubescent lungs soared and we shouted, ‘We’ve got a dog! We’ve got a dog! We’ve got – Hang on, where is it? I can’t see it. It’s gone!’ Our mother heard our hollers of distress and said, ‘Something might be up here!’ Still traumatised by the thought that the dog we hadn’t even met had managed to escape the clutches of our (at times) slightly deranged family, we pelted up the stairs faster than we ever had before. My sister (who has always been a most excellent sprinter) arrived at the summit before I did. She squealed, ‘Bea, we got a dog!’ then ‘Bea, we’ve got two dogs!’ And sure enough, in a little bed, sat a tubby male dachshund cross with wrinkles hiding his eyes and his slim little sister. And that was the day when we knew we could never be happier. The End.
The 10 bloggers I nominate are:
The Audrey Files
(Insert evil laugh here) My little minions, here are my questions for you.
1. Are you for or against gay marriage?
2. If everything was free in Sephora/Priceline/Ulta/Mecca Maxima/Mecca Cosmetica for 24 hours, what would you get?
3. Do you think that stilettos are ‘the tools of the patriarchy’?
4. If you could only use one lip product for the rest of your life, what would it be? (read: lipliner/lip pencil, lip gloss or lipstick)
5. Could you ever only purchase and use makeup that is cruelty-free?
6. Who is your favourite YouTube beauty guru?
7. What is your dream job?
8. What are your least-favourite characteristics in some bloggers?
9. What are your thoughts on teenage girls wearing a full-face of makeup? (read: primer, concealer, foundation, eye primer, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, false lashes, eyebrow gel, eyebrow colour/pencil, blush, bronzer, highlighter/illuminator, lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss?)
10. What are the makeup sins that should never be committed? (read: makeup looks and / or techniques that are just wrong)
I hope that you all enjoyed this tag and I shall see you back here on Wednesday for the third instalment of The Hive with Benjamin Law.