Hello hunni! (if you watch AlrightHey, you’ll get this ;).
Last Wednesday, I was nominated to do the Beauty Blogger Award, by none other than lovingly luscious Laura from look_itslaura. (like this post if you like alliteration!)
Click here to see Laura’s edition of the BB award.
Before we get into it, here are the rules …
1. State the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. List 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers whose blogs are about fashion or beauty.
5. The people who you nominate have to have less than 200 followers.
6. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
So, without any further ado, let’s get into it!
1. If you use face masks, which is your favourite face mask brand?
To date, I have only ever used one face mask, however, I have exfoliated using several different brands of facial scrubs. But I’ll stick to masks. I am currently using the Formula 10.0.6. Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask with Strawberry and Yarrow (does anyone know what yarrow is??). I have combination-super sensitive skin and it’s OK. When my skin is clear (read: I’m not on my period. TMI??), it works well and doesn’t sting. However, whenever I have blemishes or pimples, I find that I can’t leave it on for very long at all, as my skin feels like it’s on fire. When I finish it, I think I’ll switch to the NEW Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Clay Masque or the Sukin Purifying Facial Masque. AND Sukin is all-natural and vegan, so … #cantturnitdown #sukinisbae
2. What is your favourite makeup brand?
Can I cheat and say two? I do love my Australis lippies, but I haven’t got any other products from Australis, so I think I’ll leave good ol’ Australis out of this one. I have been loving Natio, particularly their Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 20, their Mineral Eyeshadow Trio in ‘Bronzed’ and their Kabuki brush, which I use to buff in the moisturiser, blush, highlighter and at times to sweep just one eyeshadow shade over my lid. (Don’t fret – a neutral shade, to be sure). I have also rediscovered Innoxa and have been loving their Lash Define mascara in Brown Black and bought their new eyeshadow palette in ‘Daytime Neutrals’, which I will try out any day now and have purchased two of their lippies, both of which are gorgeous (I bought ‘Dusty Rose’ and ‘Peach Lily’). I ALSO found two other Innoxa lipsticks that I’d thought I’d lost *sob sob*, in ‘Poppy’ and ‘Baby Doll’ (which is a trademark Barbie-pink shade, so we’ll see how that goes). I did also have an Innoxa lippy in ‘Watermelon’ but I found it to be quite drying and a very intense coral colour on steroids, so I did pass that on to a friend a while back. Since then, I found my beloved Australis lippy in ‘Salsa’.
Also, lil’ update. The INNOXA SATIN SHEEN LIPPIES ARE ACTUALLY MORE moisturising and comfy to wear than the Australis Colour Inject lippies – I know, I honestly thought I’d never see the day when a lippy could top my Australis ones!
FINAL ANSWER: I’ll have to go with Natio and Innoxa as my favourite makeup brands.
3. Red lips or nude lips?
I am yet to find a non-concealer nude (is it possible for fair people to rock a nude?), so a red will do at the moment. In fact, Innoxa ‘Poppy’ will be stunning. If you know of any cruelty-free nude lippies that I could potentially rock, give me a buzz in the comments below.
4. Be honest, how many times do you wash your makeup brushes?
I try to give my brushes a lil’ TLC as I go (*wipe kabuki brush with a tissue*). However, I try to spray it with water and give it a proper wash with warm water once per week. If I’m using a spongey brush, I wash it as soon as I’m finished using it, every time I finish using it. I need to get a proper brush-bathing routine together. A regular one, at that.
5. What is your makeup routine?
Please note: My school is fairly strict on makeup, so this is a REAL ‘no makeup’ makeup look. As soon as I wake, I apply my NIVEA Lip Butter in ‘Caramel Cream’ to my lips, preparing them for the day. (I know NIVEA isn’t cruelty-free, but I’ve had this since way before I decided to go cruelty-free and vegan where possible. I’m using it whenever possible in a vain attempt to finish it. I have hit pan, though. The end of the balm will eventually come). I then spritz my face with my Evian Atomiser (I just finished up my Antipodes Ananda Antioxidant-Rich Gentle Toner and before I begin using my second bottle of my Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner), which I am also trying to use up, as it doesn’t have the nicest scent. The Antipodes and Sukin toners have rosewater in them, which is absolutely delcicious. I then pump a small amount of my Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser onto my palm and pump about a 2-peas worth of my Natio Tinted Moisturiser in ‘Neutral’ and mix the two together. I then dab the moisturiser combo over my face and then pat it into my skin, before buffing it in with my Natio Kabuki brush. I then dab my Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream under my eyes and on my lips, before brushing through my brows and fixing them in place with my Savvy by DB Clear Brow Gel. I comb my eyelashes and curl them, with my ModelsPrefer Eyelash Curler. I then apply a touch of my beloved Innoxa Lash Define mascara in ‘Brown Black’ to the blonde ends of my lashes. I then go in with my Nude by Nature lip gloss in ‘Flirty’ (it looks like it has colour in the tube, but on the lips it’s actually clear). I apply a ‘dot’ to my ring finger and dab it up my my cheekbones, before buffing in with the Kabuki brush. I then reach for my Innoxa lip gloss in ‘Guava’ (clear/nude lip gloss) and liberally apply on my lips. It’s deeply moisturising and adds a healthy glow and shine to my lips.
List 10 random facts about yourself.
1. I am not a fussy eater, but I CAN NOT HANDLE anchovies or artichokes.
2. I love to travel and go on Flight Centre all the time, looking at plane ticket prices and deals available.
3. I am one of the shortest girls in my year.
4. My sister is 2 years younger than me and her birthday is December 4th. My birthday is December 18th. That is, our birthdays are 2 weeks apart. Bad planning, Mum and Dad! 😉
5. When I was younger, I had sleep apnoea and at the age of 4, I had my tonsils and adenoids removed.
6. I skipped 3 terms of Kindergarten – I was put up to Year 1 after one term in Kindy. (That’s a story for another day).
7. Both my parents have very curly hair.
8. I feel naked if I leave the house with a purse or bag or shades (God forbid I forget both!)
9. I used to love the summer (mostly because my birthday and Christmas are in the summertime), but now I hate it.
10. My longest relationship has been around 13 months.
The hunni(e)s I nominate are: (in no order)
1. Fashion Poetry By Val
2. Cruelty-Free Confidence
4. Talking About Beauty
7. Styled With Joy
8. The Simple Beginner
9. The Beautified Blogger
11. Casual Sanctuary
13. The Style Intervention
14. Gifted Hands In Motion
15. Natalie’s Beauty Base
How’d I go? Let me know. And if you haven’t already voted in the poll, click here.