So … a few days ago, I caught up with THIS gorgeous girl (see below).
1. What do you love most about fashion?
The thing I love the most about fashion is the freedom to express yourself and to get creative with ideas. I love experimenting with new fashion trends and bending them a little bit to make it more unique and more me.
2. When did you first become interested in fashion design?
I have always been obsessed with what I wear. Even when I was going to preschool, I would pick my outfit and was very fussy when it came to what I would wear, so I think I have always loved fashion. It wasn’t really until about Year 8 when I started to really become interested in design. I would draw little dresses and cute shoes in my Maths book instead of listening (laughs), so I think it was then when I knew I would love to do fashion design.
3. Does anyone particularly inspire you, when it comes to designing your own clothing?
I love Peter Alexander and how he has themed his lines, so I got quite a lot of inspiration of him when I did my last Textiles assignment. I also look to some of the not-so-popular brands that have only recently become developed, such as Peppermayo and Poison Envy.
4. Do you have a favourite celebrity that you admire fashion-wise?
Yes, I love Kim Kardashian’s style and how she wears very unique clothes, as well as all the other Kardashian sisters.
5. Do you have a goal regarding a career in fashion? (For example: fashion designer for a high-end brand)
Honestly, I would be happy to just be working in the industry, but yes, it would be amazing to help design for Dion Lee or Cameo The Label.
6. Do you have any favourite high-end brands? If so, which ones?
Yes, I have so many (laughs). I love Calvin Klein, Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton and I’m obsessed with Christian Louboutin heels.
I find it really hard to go shopping for clothes at, say, a Westfield, because I find that all the mainstream shops like General Pants Co. and Jay Jays have all the same clothing and I really like to be different and have a unique style. So I try to shop online with more unknown designers. I would go to Valleygirl to get just basic shirts or Factorie for jeans, but most of the clothes I love are out of my price range, unfortunately (laughs).
8. What are your top 2 rules for putting together a unforgettable/classy/stunning/fantastic outfit?
I always think less is more, so having a plain dress and one stunning piece of jewellery works, or having a busy dress and very simple jewellery. I also believe to go with what you suits you, and to dress for your body. If you like a certain aspect of yourself, create an outfit around that.
9. Which colours make up the majority of your wardrobe?
This season I found myself buying a lot of aqua and blues. However, I like more neutral colours so I can jazz them up with accessories. Black is also a staple in my wardrobe.
10. Heels, sandals or Converse?
All three. I wear each of them depending on the occasion and outfit, but I’m a big Converse and heels girl.
11. Which are your most-worn items in your wardrobe?
My ripped skinny jeans and my light blue denim jacket would be my most-worn clothing items, as well as a little black dress I have.
12. Who are your favourite fashion/style-related YouTubers?
I don’t really have many favourite YouTubers, but I follow a lot of Instagram blogs. My favourite one is Impulsive.
13. What are your top 5 essentials that are always in your purse/handbag?
At least two different types of lipsticks, my wallet with all the loyalty cards, perfume, makeup wipes and a pair of ballet flats for when my feet hurt after wearing heels (laughs).
14. Which are your top 5 makeup essentials?
15. Which course would you like to take at university?
I would love to get into Sydney University and do a Bachelor in Design, which covers both Fashion and Interior Design.